When I heard about the Amazon Author Central Page for the first time, I hadn’t the faintest idea about the concept behind it. Given the keywords’ Amazon’ and ‘Author,’ one gets a vague idea that it has something to do with Amazon offering some service to its community of writers.
Any author who has books to their credit and at least one listed on Amazon.com is permitted to join the Author Central Page. As an author, you can create your page and share information about yourself and your books with the reading community on Amazon. You can add your bio, photo, social media links, blog links, discussion board, column reviews, trace book sales, modify your book listings, even garner followership for future books, and much more.
From the readers’ perspective, they can window-shop, discover new books, and purchase their favorite authors’ books. The Author Central Page allows readers to easily track their books and add more books as they go along.
Let’s walk through the steps of creating the page before we move on to the things that go into the page.
- Make it user-friendly. Show sales of your books on Amazon to be eligible to create the account.
- If you are a new user, sign up. If you already have an Amazon account, simply log in.
- Familiarize yourself with Amazon’s terms and conditions for this page and, upon agreeing, click agree to move on to the next step.
- Type your name or pen name that appears on your books. Amazon will provide book options to choose from. You need to select your book. However, if your book title is not showing up, search for it by title or the 13-digit ISBN (International Standard Book Number).
- Finally, wait for the Amazon confirmation mail, which will verify your email and identity. You need to patiently wait for Amazon to verify your account. While this can take up to a week, the good news is that you can complete your author page information. The information will become public as soon as Amazon approves your page.
Remember to do a quick check to confirm if your page has been created. Take the reader’s place and type in one of your books on Amazon and click on your name. You will land on the author page and view it as readers do.
Once your page is up and running, ensure you have the relevant content in place. The page should include:
- Your bio, since readers would like to know about the person behind the writing. Share your favorite pastimes and what motivated you to write. Such information helps break the ice between the writer and the readers, and they’ll feel more at home on the author’s page. Additionally, link the page to your personal sites, and share a teaser of your forthcoming literary creations.
- Your photo, so that readers have a face to connect with. You can share up to a maximum of eight images in the updates section. It is perfectly fine to share a lesser number as well. Ensure it is a professional shot. You can upload photos in various outfits or with your family and pets. Implement everything that helps you connect with your readers or whatever you want them to know about you.
- Your videos: You can include a maximum of eight videos, no longer than ten minutes each. Be creative with grabbing the reader’s attention—a greeting video or videos from a speaking event.
- Your blog links. So, every time you post in your blog, the Amazon Author Central Page is automatically updated.
- Your book listing. This is mandatory. Readers can find other books from your repository and contribute to your sales.
- Your events or events you are planning to attend, if any, so your readers can also join in and meet you in person if you happen to be in their vicinity. Of course, this is a less frequented option, and you can feel free to skip it.
While you can edit it, you can never delete your Amazon Author Central Page.
If used correctly, you can establish yourself as a reputable author in your reader community. If someone is unsure about purchasing your book, your page can instill confidence in them that you are a dependable author. This, in turn, can help increase your sales. Furthermore, if readers enjoyed reading your book, it is only natural for them to look at your other books.
With regular updates on your page, you can stay in constant touch with your readers.
You can create an Amazon Author Central Page by clicking here.